Sunday, February 26, 2012

simply made magnets

Today after church (we talked about priority management) I was encouraged to refocus on some of the things that are important to me. Creating things is currently high on the list.
So, I came home and set to cleaning my mess-of-a basement where I sew, paint, glue, sculpt, stitch, and sing along with n'sync.
 My mom even came over for a little bit and helped me. She's great. I'm spoiled.
By the time we were done, my entire house was clean. Laundry and all. I even vacuumed under the couch cushions! So nice. 

It's always hard to stay on task when I'm cleaning my craft 'studio' because I get inspired by all my supplies and want to drop everything to start making stuff. I'm glad I stuck with it though. It's so much easier to work when everything is in it's place.
 One of the things I spotted as I cleaned were these cute brads that I picked up for .99 at Walmart. 




Because they were cheap & cheaply made, I just cut the brads off the back. 




And with just a very little bit of E-6000, I added a magnet. 
And here you have them!




I think they're super cute. 
And that little person- mine from elementary school.
I keep it out. Because even at a young age I had a dream that poor people would have shelter. 
I like to be reminded and convicted by this dream. 


And I'm excited to share more projects with you very soon! 
Maybe even one more tonight. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment