Thursday, December 15, 2011

procrastination...is still my friend

I don't have many deadlines in my life anymore. It's been a few years since I've had to crank out a 10 page paper in one night. These days, my deadlines are mostly related to bills, birthdays, and holidays; & I'm not complaining. But, part of starting this blog was to challenge myself and create more deadlines in my life and to feel a sense of accomplishment. So far, so good...but time will tell if I continue to rise to the challenge. 

But, back to proving that I am still a perpetual procrastinator. Christmas is 10 days away. I've managed to do everything but work on my Christmas gifts. My list of 'to-makes' is hovering somewhere around 15; and some of the projects are going to be SUPER time consuming. In my defense, there are 2 things on my 'made' list! So, yesterday, I headed downstairs to work, but I got sidetracked by an idea (for myself!). I simply couldn't wait 12 days to create! ugh. But, it's super cute and was inspired by this Pinterest quote.

I promise I will eventually bust out my 'fancy' camera to take the pictures I post. Consider it something to look forward to.
I do think it is very fitting for this time of year. I'm a grown adult and Christmas still makes me feel a little greedy! I definitely find more joy in giving than getting. But I'd be a total liar if I didn't acknowledge that I still count the gifts with my name under the tree!

And, aside from Christmas, I can use this reminder on a daily basis. Seriously, I'm a grateful person...but I need to realize that what I have is enough. I'm so blessed.

Are you approaching this season with an attitude of gratitude? or greed?

No comments:

Post a Comment